Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Area 20 2013 Cycling Competition Volunteers
Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT)
San Antonio, TX
Set up/Break Down, Head Stager, Timer/Recorder, Course Spotter, Awards.
Set Up/Break Down-
- Assist in setting up equipment as needed
- Assist in breaking down equipment as needed
- Assist in staging athletes in proper heat
- One assigned per cyclist
- Time each cyclist
- Record time manually on heat sheet provided
- Assist in keeping athletes on the course
- Encourage/Cheer to help keep thier motivation
- Assist in set up of awards area
- Assist in staging of athletes
- Assist in awarding athletes
Attire: Please dress for comfort and mobility. Shorts, a tee shirt and tennis shoes are the most comfortable attire and absolutely acceptable. We suggest you wear comfortable shoes because you will be on your feet most of the time.
Parking: General parking is available.
For security purposes, please make sure to bring a current photo ID with you to the volunteer check-in area.
When & Where
SOTX San Antonio-Area 20
The mission of Special Olympics Texas is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.